Laguna Beach, California (March 31, 2011) — Michael Lewis continues his strong performance during Formula 3 Italia preseason testing as he set the fastest time during testing with the PREMA Powerteam at Franciacorta in Italy on Wednesday, March 30.
Ten drivers and four teams participated in the Formula 3 Italia collective test, with Michael and only one other driver who broke into the 1:04 range, and Michael was almost a half-second faster than the next driver.
“This fast time comes as a result of a lot of hard work by the PREMA Powerteam,” said Michael. “This was a team effort, and I want to thank Team Manager René Rosin for giving me all the tools I need to just go out and focus on being fast. My engineer Fabio Zilio and I are getting more comfortable working together and the results show.”
The first Formula 3 Italia race of the season for Michael and the PREMA Powerteam takes place at the Franciacorta Circuit on May 15.
Franciacorta Formula 3 Italia Collective Test Results
1. Michael Lewis – Powerteam Prema – 1:04.52
2. Eddie Cheveer – Lucidi Motors – 1:04.96
3. Victor Guerin – Lucidi Motors – 1:05.14
4. Raffaele Marciello – Powerteam Prema – 1:05.14
5. Kevin Giovesi – Lucidi Motors – 1:05.34
6. Andrea Roda – Powerteam Prema – 1:05.40
7. Sergio Campana – BVM Target – 1:05.44
8. Brandon Maisano – BVM Target – 1:05.60
9. Maxime Jousse – BVM Target – 1:05.60
10. Nelson Mason – RC Motorsport – 1:06 .20
(Data courtesy of www.stopandgo.tv)
Michael’s current sponsor lineup for 2011 includes Eibach Springs, K&N Engineering, SKF, GoPro, Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, Cometic Gasket, Bell Helmets, Subè Sports and Calico Coatings.